Join Judaic studies directors from community, Schechter, and Reform schools for three days of learning and collaboration.
- Experience replicable Judaics models on visits to several schools
- Learn from the expertise of other Judaic studies leaders and discuss challenges similar to your own
- Develop a strong support network of peers
Participate in content-rich peer-to-peer learning on topics that you want to talk about. Sessions will be hands-on and experiential (not sales pitches!) and will give you concrete material and ideas that you can take home and use in your school.
Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM to Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 4:30 PM
New York City
Sunday, January 19 / 22 Tevet
At the American Jewish Historical Society
- Get to know your fellow participants and share your successes
- Experience the AJHS archive and how you can use it to create curriculua for your school - and learn from their new materials on Emma Lazarus
Monday, January 20 / 23 Tevet - MLK Day
At Beit Rabban
- Beit Rabban Tefilah and MLK Service
- Dive into the Hadar Fluency Standards and how they have been implemented at Beit Rabban
- Participate in an interactive session, exploring the topics that matter most to you
- Hands-on Pesach project with the Sefaria team
- Round Table session on assessments with Hebrew at the Center
Tuesday, January 21 / 24 Tevet
At Solomon Schechter School of Manhattan and Rodeph Sholom School
- See unique Judaics models at Schechter and Rodeph Sholom
- Experience the Yiddish Book Center's Great Jewish Books resource to enhance your literature curriculum
- Close out the retreat and plan next steps with the cohort
Participants from Prizmah Network Schools: $360 per person
Participants from Non-Prizmah Network Schools: $450 per person
We have arranged for a block of hotel rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott Central Park Hotel (1717 Broadway, at 54th Street) at a reduced rate of $129 per night plus tax. There are a limited number of rooms available at this rate, and they are available on a first come, first served basis. The deadline to reserve your room at the discounted rate is Thursday, December 19, 2019.
Staying at the hotel means you’ll be able to make the most of your time and focus on making connections with fellow participants ~ early in the morning, late at night, and throughout the full gathering.
To reserve your room, book directly on the hotel website or call 646-273-7800 and identify yourself as a Prizmah Judaic Professional Retreat participant.
Your registration fee includes lunch and dinner on Sunday; light breakfast and lunch on Monday; and light breakfast and lunch on Tuesday. Snacks and beverages will also be provided. All food will be glatt kosher.
For more information, please contact Amy Wasser, Director, Field Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org // 646-975-2839
Prizmah Cancellation Policy:
- Full registration refunds are available prior to December 19, 2019
- If cancellations are made between December 20 and January 4, 2020, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded
- No refunds will be given after January 4, 2020