Coronavirus COVID-19 Guidance
This page is updated daily.
PRIZMAH NETWORK CONNECTIONS
Shared School Materials
This folder contains example virtual learning schedules, learning letters and plans, school letters to transition to virtual learning, preparation letters, parent teacher conferences, coronavirus documents and more. If you would like to add your school's letter please upload into this folder and or e-mail Debra Shaffer Seeman.
We offer Reshet groups for school professionals and board members where connection and sharing happen. Learn more here.
Q&A Session - SBA Loan Paycheck Protection Program
To help you navigate the Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) process, Prizmah is offering a webinar where you can ask questions. We will be joined by a member of the JFNA team that is leading the work on navigating this process. Friday, April 3, 2020 12 -1pm ET / 9 -10am PT. Register here
COVID-19: Financial Aid Thursday, April 23, 2020 3 - 4pm ET / 12 - 1pm PT Register here
COVID-19: Marketing, Website, Social Media Channels Thursday, April 30, 2020 3 - 4pm ET / 12 - 1pm PT Register here
COVID-19: Recruitment & Retention Thursday, May 7, 2020 3 - 4pm ET / 12 - 1pm PT Register here
- Weekly Support Call for Heads of School: Fridays 12 - 1pm ET / 9 - 10am PST
- Weekly Support Call for Educational Leaders: Thursdays 4 - 5pm EST / 1 - 2pm PST
- Weekly Support Call for Tech Administrators: Fridays 11:30 - 12:30pm ET / 8:30 - 9:30am PT
- Weekly Support Call for Heads of Small Schools: Wednesdays 3 - 4pm ET / 12 - 1pm PT
- Information about the SBA Loan in the CARES Act.
- Crisis Communications: Four things your board needs to know from BoardSource
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation from BoardSource.
Webinar recordings and resources
- Notes from weekly call for Heads of Small Schools on 4/1/20
- Video from Clarity and Courage in a Time of Uncertainty with Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks on 3/31/20
- Notes from Weekly Head of School Check In on 3/20/20.
- Q&A with Dr. Stephen Goldstein, Coronavirus Research Scientist hosted by Westchester Day School on 3/18/20
- Coronavirus and the Jewish Community: Responses from the Field hosted by Jewish Funders Network on 3/18/20 with Prizmah CEO Paul Bernstein.
- Notes from Crowdsourcing: Q&A with Heads of School on 3/13/20
- Detailed summary of the webinar, Keeping Calm and Staying Healthy in the Face of Coronavirus on 3/3/20
- What's in the US Coronavirus Bill for Jewish Day Schools?
- Temporary wage subsidy for Canadian schools.
- Many Hebrew Free Loan Societies in the US and Canada are offering interest free loans to those affected by Coronavirus. Please check with your local Hebrew Free Loan Society for more information.
- NJ State Assembly passed a bill to establish a remote learning device grant and package to help schools sanitize facilities.
Webinar Recordings and Resources
- Video and slidedeck from Financial and Legal Issues Facing Days Schools in light of COVID-19 on 3/25/20.
- Tips for setting up a virtual admission office by ISM.
- Six Recommendations for Independent School Business Officers During the COVID-19 Pandemic by ISM.
- Video and notes from Spring Pivot: Reframing Your Q4 Fundraising in Response to COVID-19 on 4/2/20.
- Video and notes from School Communications in the Face of COVID-19 on 4/2/20.
- Video from Navigating the Admissions Process During COVID-19 on 3/26/20.
- Video and notes from Fundraising in the Face of COVID-19 with Amy Schiffman on 3/18/20
- Video and notes from Coronavirus Implications: Navigating Your School's Student Enrollment and Parent Communications on 3/18/20
Resources on Distance Learning
- Prizmah curated Online Jewish Studies learning options
- A resource from Sacred Spaces for youth serving organizations who are temporarily moving their programming online. Protocols for safeguarding children and teens in online programming
- Curated Passover resources.
- Family activities during the intermediate days of Pesach.
- Grab and Go DIvrei Torah is a quick resource with Torah texts and teachings to use at this time and beyond in your communications with teachers, parents and school community, as well as for our own chizuk (strength) and inspiration.
- 10(+1) ways to say thank you to your faculty.
- Distance learning safety best practices, do's and dont's for teachers.
- A practical guide to keeping your community safe during distance learning.
- Partnership of Pedagogy- teaching tips of online chevruta learning.
- 10 tips for better remote teaching by Uri Pilichowski
- Course on "Designing for Online Learning"
- Teaching remotely in times of need presentation by Torrey Trust, PHD of University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Tips for setting by distance learning at your school by NAIS
- Advice from international educators who are on prolonged online learning due to school closures
- Online instruction, what to do and what not to do for teachers
- List of online resources for teachers
- Resources for online meetings, classes and events by Facilitators for Pandemic Response.
- 50 elearning activities, templates and tutorials
- Video and notes from the Weekly Educational Leader Check In on 3/19/20
- Education Technology Directors and Administrators hold a weekly check-in call to crowdsource on current issues and trends. To register for the call, click here.
- Information on using Zoom for distance learning
- ZOOM Meetings: Intrusion Prevention Domain & Account Settings by Rabbi Avi Bloom - Director of Technology - SAR High School.
- Asynchronous learning options.
- Best practices for securing your virtual classroom.
- Cyber Safety and Security Considerations by Secure Community Network.
- Keep Zoom Safe: Zoom Security Protocols To Prevent Virtual Antisemitism
- Guidelines to prep for Zoom Bombing by Rabbi Chase Foster
Webinar Recordings and Resources
- Video, notes and resources from Crowdsourcing: Weekly Ed Tech Directors Check In on 3/20/20.
- Video and notes from Going virtual with Rabbi Avi Bloom, SAR High School's Director of Technology on 3/09/20
- Video and notes from Crowdsourcing: Q&A with technology leaders on 3/17/20
- Resources for educators by the Jewish Education Project
- List of online resources for teachers
- Community in Crisis: Planning for Teachers course
- Resources when speaking with your children: Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus (NPR); How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus (New York Times)
- A parent resource from NASP on talking to children: Coronavirus, a parent resource
- A handout in comic form that explains the basics for children
- Video for 5-12 graders on Coronavirus
- How to Discuss Coronavirus with children. A podcast episode by Yeshiva Har Torah with special guest Dr. Karyn Feinberg, Director of Psychology Services at Yeshiva Har Torah.
- PJ Library resources for quarantined families
- Resources to support students with special needs with distance learning
- Curated science trivia, videos and experiments from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel
- School Closure Planning and Guidance and Recommendations
- Jewish Together, a JFNA site for curated resources, videos, meet ups and help.
- School Closings Due to COVID-19 Present Potential for Increased Risk of Child Exploitation
- Interim Guidance for Coronavirus for Event Planners from the CDC (3/15/20).