Mental Health and Wellness: Paradigm Shifts for Your Context
Monday, July 6 - Wednesday, July 8, 2020
90 minute morning and afternoon sessions each day
11am - 12:30pm ET / 8 - 9:30am PT and
8 - 9:30pm ET / 5 - 6:30pm PT
This three-day workshop lab is designed to help administrators and school counselors to support and train their faculty about our emergent reality regarding mental health and wellness. Each school is required to send a team of two professionals: one administrator and one guidance counselor or lead teacher. Please nominate individuals who are responsible for training your faculty in mental health and wellness. Together, we will explore how to train our faculty in:
- Teaching how to conduct a needs assessment for parents, teachers and students
- Identifying red flags and requisite interventions
- Parent education and partnership
- Integrating students who are not able to be in the building
- Integrating social-emotional learning within the curriculum
- Staff mental health support--for themselves
By the end of this workshop, participant teams will have the tools and resources to plan staff training before and during the school year in mental health topics.
Questions? Please contact Rachel Levitt Klein Dratch.